Southeast Louisiana Title is an ALTA Best Practices certified TRID complaint title insurance agency. Its professional staff has been handling real estate transactions for their clients for over 25 years.
We are committed to making your sale and loan closing experience as efficient and as simple as possible.
We want to be your title company of choice and are dedicated to helping you by providing years of experience and the information you need to make the right decisions.
Why SELA Title?
The purchase, sale or refinance of a home may be the largest, most important financial transaction of your life. It is vitally important that you entrust your purchase, sale, or refinance to a qualified, experienced real estate specialist to ensure that the process is efficient, timely, and correct. Before you decide on a closing service provider, you need to understand the basic steps involved in a real estate closing and the important role your title company plays in those steps.
· Sales Contract: We review the sales contract and determine your overall closing service needs. Any errors can be spotted quickly and corrected before the closing.
· Title Examination. We arrange for the examination of the property title by a qualified real estate-trained attorney. This assures that the title is good and insurable.
· New Loans. Your lender will request us to prepare most of the loan closing documents and disburse your loan funds. We have extensive experience in closing VA, FHA, and Conventional Loans, as well as any number of non-conventional loan types.
· Title Insurance. We provide the title insurance policies lenders require, and will also offer you owner's title insurance protection at reasonable rates.
· Coordination. We arrange the closing, and gather all pre-closing information on the buyer, seller, and lender. We verify the accuracy of all information before proceeding to closing.
· Review. We will review the survey, termite inspection, septic and well tests, and other documentation to ensure compliance with the sales contract and the lender's requirements.
· Pre-closing. We prepare all of the closing documents from the deed to the loan papers, to the lender's precise specifications. This is usually a large number of documents, so accuracy and correctness are critical.
· Closing. Once the information is collected, verified, and all documents prepared, we conduct the closing of the transaction through one of our trained and qualified Escrow Officers. All documents are signed, and all financial matters regarding the sale are concluded. Since we only accept certified funds, disbursement of funds is immediate and guaranteed. After closing, we disburse all monies collected, prepare loan payoffs, record all of the documents, forward all loan papers to the lender, and pay any liens or taxes due.
· Post Closing. We update the title after closing to ensure that all documents are properly recorded, issue the appropriate title insurance policies and forward to the lender and the buyer copies of the final recorded documents.
· Future Closings. We retain a permanent file on your property for future transactions, ready to serve our customer's needs again and again, saving them time and money.
SELA Title is the best choice you can make for taking care of your real estate closing needs. With its full range of closing services available to you and your lender with just one telephone call, we meet all of your real estate settlement needs. We are experts in the field, and are here to serve you.
This Privacy Notice is provided on behalf of Southeast Louisiana Title & Land L.L.C.
Congress recently passed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) Act, which deals in part with how the financial services industry handles nonpublic personal financial information. Southeast Louisiana Title & Land, L.L.C. recognizes that the foundation of our business is maintaining your trust and confidence. In order to provide you with the most effective and beneficial service, we must maintain information about you. Keeping that information secure and private is important to us. This notice is provided to you so that you may know how we collect information about you, the type of information we collect, what we may disclose to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, and the steps we take to protect personal information about you.
What We Collect
First, we must collect a certain amount of personal information about you in order to provide customer service, offer new products or services, administer products, and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. Therefore, as part of our servicing of your requests, we may obtain certain nonpublic personal information about you. This information includes facts and data that we receive from you, real estate agents, lenders, government agencies, and/or other authorized persons in varying manners, including but not limited to title orders, sales contracts, company required forms, telephone calls, correspondence, loan pay-offs, and other processing forms; facts and data about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and facts and data we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
What We Share
With respect to the information we collect about you:
* We collect and use the information to the extent needed to conduct our business and to meet our high quality service standards;
* We restrict access to the information to authorized individuals who need to know this information to provide services and products to you;
* We maintain appropriate safeguards to protect information about you;
* We will verify that any persons requesting information about you or your relationship with us is entitled to such information prior to providing it.
* We share nonpublic personal information about you outside our company only to service your request, or as authorized by you, or as required or permitted by applicable law;
* We require any organization that provides assistance to us in providing services on our behalf to you to maintain the confidentiality of nonpublic personal information about you and not use such information for any other purpose; and
The law does permit us to share information about you with our affiliates, including insurance companies and insurance service providers. The law also permits us to share information about you with companies that perform marketing services for us, or other financial institutions that have joint marketing agreements with us. The information we share with our affiliates or service providers need not be directly related to our transaction with you.
If we change our privacy practices, we will provide you notice of all material changes. This privacy notice supersedes all previous notices with respect to matters described herein.
It is our goal to ensure that all the information we collect is accurate and complete. Please notify us if you believe information is inaccurate.
No Action is Required By You
You do not need to do anything as a result of this notice. It is meant to inform you of how we safeguard nonpublic personal information about you. You may wish to file this notice with your insurance papers. We strive to maintain your confidence and trust.