Who are we?
Southeast Louisiana Title’s professional staff has been handling real estate transactions for their clients for over 15 years.
We are committed to making your loan closing experience as efficient and as simple as possible.
We want to be your Title Company of Choice and are dedicated to helping you by providing years of experience and the information you need to make the right decisions.
Why SELA Title?
The purchase, sale or refinance of a home may be the largest, most important financial transaction of your life. It is vitally important that you entrust your purchase, sale, or refinance to a qualified, experienced real estate specialist to ensure that the process is efficient, timely, and correct. Before you decide on a closing service provider, you need to understand the basic steps involved in a real estate closing and the important role your title company plays in those steps.
- Sales Contract: We review the sales contract and determine your overall closing service needs. Any errors can be spotted quickly and corrected before the closing.
- Title Examination. We arrange for the examination of the property title by a qualified real estate-trained attorney. This assures that the title is good and insurable.
- New Loans. Your lender will request us to prepare most of the loan closing documents and disburse your loan funds. We have extensive experience in closing VA, FHA, and Conventional Loans, as well as any number of non-conventional loan types.
- Title Insurance. We provide the title insurance policies lenders require, and will also offer you owner's title insurance protection at reasonable rates.
- Coordination. We arrange the closing, and gather all pre-closing information on the buyer, seller, and lender. We verify the accuracy of all information before proceeding to closing.
- Review. We will review the survey, termite inspection, septic and well tests, and other documentation to ensure compliance with the sales contract and the lender's requirements.
- Pre-closing. We prepare all of the closing documents from the deed to the loan papers, to the lender's precise specifications. This is usually a large number of documents, so accuracy and correctness are critical.
- Closing. Once the information is collected, verified, and all documents prepared, we conduct the closing of the transaction through one of our trained and qualified Escrow Officers. All documents are signed, and all financial matters regarding the sale are concluded. Since we only accept certified funds, disbursement of funds is immediate and guaranteed. After closing, we disburse all monies collected, prepare loan payoffs, record all of the documents, forward all loan papers to the lender, and pay any liens or taxes due.
- Post Closing. We update the title after closing to ensure that all documents are properly recorded, issue the appropriate title insurance policies and forward to the lender and the buyer copies of the final recorded documents.
- Future Closings. We retain a permanent file on your property for future transactions, ready to serve our customer's needs again and again, saving them time and money.
SELA Title is the best choice you can make for taking care of your real estate closing needs. With its full range of closing services available to you and your lender with just one telephone call, we meet all of your real estate settlement needs. We are experts in the field, and are here to serve you.